Health Trainers are here to motivate and support you to make positive steps towards a healthier lifestyle.
A Health Trainer can offer you the following:
- Time to listen
- Support and encouragement
- The chance for you to choose your own achievable health goals
- Regular meetings, in your local community, to review your progress
- Motivation when change seems difficult
- Appropriate sign posting to other local agencies and specialist services
- Introductions to groups or activities you would like to be involved in (your Health Trainer may even accompany you for the first time)
To get in contact with your local Health Trainer, please contact the surgery reception for further details.